Have you noticed broken or chipped grout in your home? It looks terrible, right? Don’t fret! You don’t necessarily need to retile and re-grout the area, especially if the tiles are not compromised. You can actually use some of Grout Shield’s grout products with some grout and easily fill in holes, cracks and chips – this will not only save you hundreds of dollars, but it’ll save you lots of time, as well! By knowing how to fix your grout yourself and what cleaning and sealing products to use, you can have a practically brand-new looking home!
To repair grout on your own, here are a few simple steps to take to fix it without hiring a professional:
- Buy grout that matches your current grout (or as close as possible).
- Remove any loose or broken grout by using a grout saw.
- Clean the grout lines where you removed the damaged grout with some cold water and towel dry. Also, use Grout & Tile Deep Cleaner to clean the grout all over the room/area.
- Follow the grout instructions to prepare the mixture. Mix in Grout Shield’s color sealer if you want to change or match the color of your grout.
- Fill the grout lines with the grout and make sure the grout is level and straight. To do this, you use a grout float.
- Clean the tiles with a sponge or chamois of any grout that may have gotten on them by accident.
The Grout & Tile Cleaner will remove any excess dirt or grease from the old grout. This cleaner will also clean and remove any previous sealer that was on the grout. After the area is done being cleaned and has had time to dry, apply Grout Shield’s Clear Seal. This clear seal can be applied to new or older tile and grout installations. By properly sealing your grout, it will prevent it from getting stained or discolored.
If you’re thinking about renewing the look of your home, purchasing Grout Shield products will make your grout and rooms look brand new again. To purchase Grout Shield cleaners or sealers or learn more, click our grout products page or call 1-800-631-0716.
The post How to Restore Your Grout appeared first on Grout Shield | Grout Restoration System | Grout Cleaner.