Keeping a tree healthy can be simple if you know proper maintenance techniques. At Fortune’s Landscape Services, we care for trees year-round, so we know all the tricks of the trade to keep trees healthy and beautiful. For this article, we wanted to share a few maintenance tips with you, so you can help keep your trees thriving all year long.
- Make sure your tree is planted in the right place. A tree can’t thrive if its home isn’t built for it. If it’s a big tree, it needs space to grow and spread out. You don’t want it touching your house or powerlines (if you can avoid it).
- Don’t plant your tree too deep.
- If it hasn’t rained in a few weeks, water your trees. An older tree needs one inch of water per week. New trees need four to 10 gallons of water per week.
- Put mulch on the roots of your tree to insulate them and protect them. Do not cover the base of the trunk with mulch.
- Fertilize your trees throughout the year to put nutrients in the soil for your trees to absorb.
- Test your soil to see if it’s missing and crucial nutrients for your trees.
- Trim your trees throughout the year to keep them health and aesthetically pleasing.
If your trees look like they need help or you’re not quite sure how to properly care for them, it’s time to call a tree specialist. Tree care specialists know how to care for all trees and can diagnose problems.
At Fortune’s Landscape Services, our team are licensed, trained professionals who will evaluate and diagnose your tree and come up with the best plan for your trees. We are equipped with the proper training, equipment and experience to get the job done. We will keep your trees looking healthy and beautiful throughout the year.
Fortune’s is a Marco Island Landscaping Company based in Marco Island, Florida. We service customers in Marco Island and the Isles of Capri in Naples, Florida. Contact us at 239-438-7070 or click Marco Island tree service page to set up an appointment with one of our tree specialists.